Thursday, September 10, 2009

New Photo Studio

If you've been on Bournes.com(and who hasn't?) and checked the pictures of our inventory then you know that sometimes I struggle with a too-bright sun which creates too many shadows, a blurry picture here and there(which happens when you take about 1,000 pictures a month while dodging cars and customers on the lot) and the occasional person in the background. Today, I took my very first set of photos in the new picture studio we just set up. Sure, it's just some tile and brighter lights off in a corner that used to have a bunch of broken down go karts and ATVs, but it ought to give us some uniformity, and hopefully a better look at our cars for our customers before they make the trip down to Easton.

As for how that first set came out, I have mixed feelings. I like that there's a good clean background(we have a large Bourne's logo for the wall coming in this week) and the outside pictures are good, but I think the flash isn't quite bright enough for interior shots in this new lighting system, but rumor has it there's an upgraded camera in my future, so that may be resolved without an elaborate system of flood lights.


Gerard Flaherty checks out the new area while Dave Olson does his morning calisthenics.

No comments:

Post a Comment