Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Change to the front page, now with credit app!

OK it's not some Earth-shattering update, but since I only recently learned how to make any changes at all, I'm pretty excited that I was able to improve Bournes.com. In the top line of links, we had "DIRECTIONS" before, but we already have a map on the right, so why do we need it twice? I left a link in to our old written directions in case the unthinkable happens and Google goes down, or if you just like paragraph directions instead.


Check out my MSPaint skills with the awesome yellow arrows pointing at the new link.

Before I did this, I would have to direct customers to find a car, open the detail page, and then locate the apply for credit button. This way it will be a whole lot easier for us to get you approved, and into the car you want.

(Yeah, Gerard had the idea to make the change AND the idea to blog about it. He's definitely an idea man, but I'm all action)

2 comments:

  1. Great job, however, you should also have a "contact us" link for general emails or contact information. For example, I am a regular visitor to your site and drive by often during lunch. I like the way you guys approach the business. I wan t to stop by and help you with the lighting of your photo shop. It is a great idea especially with winter on its way. The current lighting is creating a dark photo and not doing the true color of the vehicle any justice. For example, take a look at your orange corvette in the photo shoot. I have been in the lighting business for 20+ years and would love to see the improvement. Let me know how I can help you. I will swing through one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for ways to improve the site, so I appreciate the input.

    I can't believe we don't have a contact us link up there! A pretty glaring oversight, one that I'm hoping I can rectify(in style, of course) today.

    Feel free to call us about helping with the lighting- I know it's not quite where I want it to be. I've been trying out new techniques i.e. pushing the car right up next to the wall to get different angles from the light, but it only seems to illuminate the front end of the car.

    I don't know if I need to have floor-based lighting(which would probably get run over at some point) or what. Give me a call or email me at brian@bournes.com, I'd love to hear your suggestions.

    ReplyDelete